Sunday, June 15, 2008

Roasted Cauliflower

After reading Eraine’s blog on roasted cauliflower, I knew I had to have some. I had it before but somehow had completely forgotten about it. How I could forget about something so caramelized, crispy soft and flavorful is just weird. Steamed cauliflower is just so-so and cauliflower with cheese sauce is getting old so this is a great way to liven it up!
I used one whole cauliflower cut up into pieces and coated with olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and nutmeg. Place the skillet in a pre-heated 450F oven for 30 minutes. Shake the pan about every 10 minutes to evenly cook.



Speaking of pre-heated ovens, it amazes me when someone turns on the oven a few minutes before placing the dish in it then wondering why it didn’t turn out as they had expected. Hello, there is a reason the recipe called for a pre-heated oven. Maybe they think they have some kind of super oven that can pre-heat to 400F in three minutes. But I digress.
After I removed it from the oven I sprinkled on some Parmigiano-Reggiano. Thanks for the great recipe Eraine.





No comments: