Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend

The Fourth of July weekend, good friends, beef tenderloin on the Big Green Egg, a swimming pool, music and cold beverages is a beautiful thing! Kevin invited me over for beef tenderloin on the Big Green Egg and I was like “Yeah man I’m in!” That BGE is great for everything from slow cooking pulled pork at 235F overnight to cooking fine steaks at 700F so I knew this was going to be great. Plus we had the Tiki God watching over the BGE.

Big Green Egg

The beef tenderloin marinated and ready for the Egg.

Beef Tenerloin

An hour or so and it’s almost ready.

Beef Tenderloin on a Big Green Egg Beef Tenderloin on a Big Green Egg

Dana made some great baked beans kicked up with ground beef and bacon. She also made some awesome dirty rice which I didn’t get a picture of. DOH!

Baked Beans

The beef tenderloin sliced and ready to eat. The tenderloin was perfect! It was flavorful and oh so tender!

Beef Tenderloin

Kevin hands me my plate. I hope there's enough for everybody else.

Beef Tenderloin

No comments: